Thursday, November 6, 2008

Post Election Blues

Now that the race for presidency is finally over, (whew) the mood in my household and within my family seems to resemble this ever so popular "oh woe is me", Disney Character:



No, my candidate did not win, but I am not going to let it get ME down. The fact of the matter is that 53% of Americans voted Barack Hussein Obama as our 44th president of the United States. Percentage wise, it seemed that this was a close race, however, Obama won 364 electoral votes to McCain's 163! As you can see, according to my poll to the left, 64% of you voted for McCain!! What happened??? Let us not forget that history has been made in 2008, as Obama is the first elected half African American president of the United States!

Obama has a tough road ahead of him with many obstacles to overcome and work out, and all of America will be watching very closely, especially those who did not vote for him. I will continue to pray for my country and for our next president, and will keep the faith and trust in God above, as He has chosen Obama to lead this great Country of ours!

1 comment:

Jan n Jer said...

Amen to that, we can sit back and watch this mans hair turn gray. He has a tough road to hoe. I wish him the best!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails