Saturday, July 24, 2010

Letters From Camp

Today we pick up the girls from their week long church camp. I really really missed them. Oh who am I kidding. I didn't really really miss them. I just missed them a little. I rather enjoyed my peace and quiet at home this past week. Although when I got these letters in the mail, I have to admit, they tugged at my heartstrings for a minute. I received a total of 4 letters from Nature Girl. Each one of her letters gave me a sense of how much she is missing home. I received one letter from Funny Girl (my oldest daughter). She seems to be enjoying camp to the fullest. In fact, as quoted by Funny Girl, "I am not even close 2 crying, ha ha."

Even though in the past they have always come away from camp having met many new friends and having learned many new songs and having shared many great experiences, I'm sure they will both be glad to be at home and to sleep in their own beds and for their mom and dad to tuck them in at night. Or, will they just be happy to have their cell phones and i-pods back?! Hmmm.


  

6 comments:

Janis said...

LOL... All I can say is "KIDS". Your peace n quiet is now over!! But I am sure the girls will be glad to be back in their own home. So Glad Carley missed you as much as her cell,ipod n friends though..there is hope!!!

Tracy said...

OMG!! Give me a tissue. Some tears are from Casey's sincere and heartfelt letters and some tears are from laughing at what Carley wrote. I agree with you though. I think the girls will be happy to be home. There's no place like home...

Deborah Ann said...

Aw...precious letters! Poor Casey, she sounds rather homesick. What a great tribute to her mom and dad, that she would rather be with them! You're doing a great job, mom...

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Oh, poor Casey. Love how the oldest is fine and dandy, though. These letters are great!

Hope you're continuing to feel better.

gayle said...

Those were such cute letters! I know what you mean about missing them but loving some much needed alone time ( for me and I think most moms)

Faye said...

Oh dear, don't we all remember that homesick feeling at night when we were away from home. Okay during the day when busy but at night. . . I guess it's even worse when you have a phone and ipod to miss as well!

This is a good way to break up the summer though, isn't it? And a nice break for parents. Hope you're enjoying the summer Kelly, both w/wo darling girls!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails