Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fun Monday - A Favorite Family Photo

It has been quite some time since I participated in the weekly meme "Fun Monday". So today, I thought I would jump back on the band wagon. The current hostess with the mostess, Faye from Summit Musings challenges participants with the following assignment:

Your assignment for October 4 is to share a favorite family photo(s)and tell us why this particular photo means so much to you.

The rules are simple if you want to play. A host for the week--or month--selects a random topic and then everyone offers up their particular slant on the subject in a Monday post. All you have to do is sign up and the host publishes the list of participants. Write your post for the assigned topic and then sit back and wait for those lovely comments that we all crave.

Let's see, I have so many favorite family photos and it was very hard to pick just one, but this photo sits in my office and I look at it daily, so it definitely qualifies as one of my favorites and it means alot to me. It is a photo of my Grandmother, Muriel. The photo shows her standing at our front door with my two girls. It was the one and only time she visited our home in Pennsylvania. Our home was just under construction when she came to see the progress on it in July of 2003 (take note of the plywood floors). She never got to see our home completely finished, as she passed away in September of 2004 from cancer.  My girls fondly referred to her as Great Grandmother "M" (M for Muriel).  FW (my hubby) remembers "M" saying, "You have built a nice home for your girls to grow up in."

 Please be sure to check out the other participant's favorite family photos here.

Thanks for hosting, Faye!

12 comments:

quilly said...

That is a lovely photo and a precious memory.

Pamela said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

betty said...

she looked like such a sweet lady! I'm glad you guys got a chance to visit with her in your home before she passed and that your daughters have memories of her! I just love what she said to your husband about the house built. great memories indeed!

betty

Janis said...

That is so sweet...Mom Mom was a good woman and loved all the kids so much.

Jan said...

I"m glad she got to see your home. What a wonderful memory.

Sayre said...

I wonder if she isn't a lot like my own Grandmother. Her request in letters is that I send pictures of our house - she likes to be able to imagine my stories in setting. She knows what we look like (though she get pictures of us too), but she loves surroundings. Perhaps your GMM wanted to make sure she could picture you all where you live too! I'm so sorry she passed before seeing the completed project - you must miss her so much!

Jill said...

My own grandma was already very senile by the time our daughter was born. She got to see her, once. We got pictures and I do cherish those.

Cheeseboy said...

What a great photo. I am sure the girls will treasure it as they get older.

Faye said...

How fortunate that you were able to enjoy this visit and have your sweet Grandmother M put her stamp of approval on the new home, CL. And what encouragement that must have been for FW to be recognized for his efforts to build the family a beautiful home.

Thanks for playing Fun Monday--hope we can bring back the "fun" to it so people will want to continue.

Sandy said...

That is lovely - that she knew you built a home and not just a house. Terrific picture!

Molly said...

Your photo of your grandmother and your daughters is lovely. What a nice memory...

Intense Guy said...

The door behind her is so bright and cheery - it makes a perfect backdrop.

I'm sorry she didn't get to visit and often once the house was done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails