Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Blue Jay Reveals Featherless Head

I watched as this blue jay landed near my back patio and then I watched him swipe a morsel of cat food from the dish I had placed outside. I have seen the blue jays steel food from the cat's dish before, but I have never seen this fella show up. He seems to be missing some head feathers.  I can't imagine how he got this way, or how he may end up if he continues to lose his feathers. I think this bird may need some medical "tweetment".  No wonder he looks sad - - after all, he is a "blue" jay. 

  

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Should I laugh or feel sad? I'm gonna laugh and hope his "tweetment" makes him feel better :)

Jan n Jer said...

OMG...this is the weirdest freak of nature i have ever seen. It looks like a Ostrich head on a blue jay body. R U sure you didnt photoshop this!

Anonymous said...

We had a little yellow finch in our driveway had a similar head--he was totally bald and no eyeballs. He apparently made contact with the powerline. I'm thinking your bluejay might have had a shock treatment.

Anonymous said...

p.s. Kelly,
I couldn't remember my ID, so I used anonymous. Sally Mcc

Good Company said...

He's lucky his head is still attached. Poor thing! Hope he has high self-esteem, but then if he doesn't look in a mirror (or the water), who's the wiser?

Anonymous said...

Um, we have these look alikes in TX also, it's just a young Jay, it will grow in as the bird matures.

Sun Chasing said...

Grreat share

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails