Wednesday, November 28, 2012

That's Some Bull

Riding the mechanical bull was something that had been on my bucket list for a good many years. And since I was turning 45, my husband suggested that it might be a good time to check that item off the list. After all, I wasn't  getting any younger and before too long, I probably wouldn't be able to get up on that mechanical bull. In fact, it was a concern of mine the other night as I was waiting in line to ride the bull for the first time at Professional Bull Riders (PBR) night club in Baltimore, Maryland along with fifteen other 21-year-old girls in their short tight mini skirts and low-cut blouses. They sure made the ride look easy and fun.

At any rate, I threw caution to the wind (thanks to a few drinks), and hopped up on that bull like I knew what I was doing. I watched over 100 riders before it was my turn, and I studied each and every move. Due to the fact that the bull was being operated by a PBR staff member, it was hard to predict what kind of moves it would make. Thankfully, I had somewhat of a gentle ride. A few seconds into the ride was a little rough, as I was tossed forward like a rag doll, then backwards, then forward again, then a twist and turn graceful dismount! The ride lasted all of 35 seconds (see video below) and all I got out of it was bruised and battered.

Check!

Hmmm, what's next on my bucket list? In no particular order...

Hot Air Balloon Ride

Hang Gliding

Scuba Diving in Bonaire

Nashville's Grand Ole' Opry

5 comments:

betty said...

I'm thinking the couple drinks probably had you be a little "loose" up there and "flowing" with the bull so to speak which probably helped you stay on! I thought when you were almost doing a "header" you were going to tumble off head first! WTG Kelly!! I'm proud of you for doing this and crossing it off your bucket list! They have wonderful hot air balloon rides here over wineries :)

and hang gliding over a nude beach....


betty

Faye said...

Now you got me trying to remember that movie where Debra Winger rides the mechanical bull--before your time! Loved that beginning panicked "are we having fun yet?" look. Keep checking them off, Kelly!

Tracy said...

You were one sexy 45 year old hot momma with a dismount that seemed to have been practiced with it's grace and timing.

Jan n Jer said...

Everytime I watch this...my heart sinks when you are thrown forward like a rag doll. Thank Goodness you did not break a bone on something else! I probably would have done the same thing way back when I was your age!!! Never to old to be checking off your bucket list!!!

Colleen Cardwell said...

Oh my gosh Kelly! That was awesome! Loved the graceful dismount! I think PBR should sign you as a regular! Love ya cuz!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails