Saturday, September 7, 2013

God's Flying Flowers

My Photography Club's photo challenge for the month of August was "Butterfly". How ironic that a beautiful monarch should land directly in front of me as I was reflecting upon my perennial garden at the old house just before we moved away. Luckily, I had my camera handy. This fella was not camera shy at all.



For some reason, it seemed that there were an abundance of butterflies in the South Central part of PA this summer. Did any of you notice a surplus in your part of the country? After photographing this beautiful flying creature, it prompted me to do a little research. I came across this time lapse video showing the complete life cycle of the Monarch Butterfly. If you have the time and want to see something AMAZING, watch it. I truly believe the butterfly is one of God's most magnificent creations - symbolic of rebirth and new beginnings.

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly" - Proverb 


2 comments:

Janis said...

great shots....so pretty!

Tracy said...

We need to start making our own cards. I would love to receive a card with your photography on it. I know other people would too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails