Monday, May 18, 2009

Fun Monday - Self Pampering

It's Fun Monday and I am going to make this one a quick and easy one for you.

Mariposa is our hostess and she has asked us to share our self pampering needs, whether they be from little pleasures to guilty pleasures!

Well Mariposa, I can sum this one up for you in two words:

H-O-T T-U-B

We purchased a Hot Springs Spa towards the end of last summer and it has been used greatly for self-pampering and relaxation after a hard day's work. And the kids love it too! They use it as a mini pool - goggles and all!

Self-pampering is not about being selfish. It's about taking proper care of yourself and treating yourself as kindly as you treat others. We spend so much time and effort caring for our spouses, children, pets, friends, family members, employers and employees. Add to that numerous volunteer activities, errands, housework, family functions, meetings, etc. - and there isn't much time left for caring for ourselves. So, be sure to slip in some self-pampering of some kind today, and every day, as every one of you so well deserves!

Now, make your way over to Mariposa's to read what the others are sharing about their guilty and not so guilty pleasures.

8 comments:

margaret (the misanthrope) said...

Wonderful post, my friend. The hot tub looks like fun!

As for paragraph 2, did you hear a big, booming "AMEN" coming from the direction of Montgomery County, Maryland? I 100% agree with you. We women tend to put ourselves at the bottom of the list. I am trying to remedy that ;-) Happy FM to you!

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

Hooray for self pampering. How come I've never been invited for a spa treatment?!? ;0)

You know I am kidding, right?

Tracy said...

The hot tub is a great way to pamper yourself especially with a glass of wine to go with it.

Janis said...

Your Hot tub has turned out to be a great source of enjoyment for your whole family. Maybe the next thing will be a poontoon boat...LOL you never know!

Sayre said...

We have a hot tub. Haven't used it since about 6 months after we moved in though. It developed a short and as we discovered, it's great for muscles but not for bones. My husband and I both have issues with our bones and wound up feeling worse after a trip to the hot tub.

We'll be pulling ours out this summer since we haven't used it in two years... But your post makes me feel a little nostalgic for it anyway!

jill said...

hope you enjoy. I can't do any of that stuff right now, so I'm really jealous of everyone who can!

quilly said...

Hot tub! In our weather, we want a cool tub! ;)

Let's see, self-pampering? Hmmm ... no manicure. No pedicure. No spa. No facial. Hey, I shaved my legs and bought a box of hair dye today. Does that count?

Gattina said...

I fully agree with you ! The "maxi" tube is great, I would need one here too, lol !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails