Thursday, April 2, 2020

Corona Diaries - Human Connection

I'm going to do something I've never done before in all my years of blogging.  I'm going to try to post every day at least until the end of April (the hopeful date that "Social Distancing" and "Stay at Home" guidelines will diminish).  I figure with all of the craziness going on in the world, I'll have some good writing material, and since my social calendar is booked solid with nothingness, I also have a little free time on my hands.

Someone posted this on Facebook the other day:

"I think when this is all over, we will realize how little we need, how much we actually have, and the true value of human connection".

Well, isn't that the truth already, and this crisis is far from over! Especially the value of human connection.  I have found that I am missing my family more than normal.  It's like I take them for granted because I can see them everyday, anytime if I choose.  But I don't.  I get busy with my life, and my own selfish needs.  And then, just like that, a worldwide pandemic prevents me from social gatherings with family and friends and that human interaction we all so desire. 

If there's one thing I am truly grateful for during this pandemic besides all the luxuries of my home, and plenty of food and abundant wine, I am most grateful for technology!  Isn't it wonderful that we have laptops, cell phones and Netflix??  The fact that I can group video call my entire family at the same time on my cell phone and see their beautiful faces, is priceless!

Here I am on FaceTime with my kids and then another time with my Dad and sister.  If you haven't video called someone yet, you don't know what you're missing.  It may be the very thing to get you through this tough time and to stay connected with your loved ones.




   

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love you are doing this again!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails