Monday, September 29, 2008

Recipe Monday


I know, I know, it seems I can't get off the beef recipes. It just so happens that I am preparing this dish for the first time tonight, so I can't honestly say if it is good or not. It looks yummy and easy and my kids love tater tots, so I thought it may be a winner. The only modification I will make is to replace the mixed vegetables with frozen corn! Oh, and I won't put in the onions. My kids can detect onions from a mile away.


Tater-topped Casserole

Ingredients

1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup milk
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 lb. (1/2 of 32-oz. pkg.) frozen bite-size seasoned potato nuggets

Make It
HEAT oven to 375ºF. Brown meat with onions in large skillet, stirring occasionally; drain. Spoon into 2-qt. casserole dish.
MIX soup and milk; pour over meat mixture. Top with layers of vegetables, cheese and potatoes.
BAKE 45 min. or until potatoes are golden brown and casserole is heated through.

Healthy Living Tip:
Save 50 calories and 7 grams of fat per serving, by preparing with lean ground beef, reduced-fat condensed cream of mushroom soup and KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails