Thursday, December 18, 2008

Entertainment of the Week

Last week, Carley and Casey participated in their school Christmas concerts. Casey is my sweet soprano vocalist in the elementary school choir and Carley is my multi-talented percussionist who plays a variety of instruments in the middle school band. First, we went to see Casey sing her heart out....



Notice how tiny Casey is compared to her classmates!!
(the girls standing next to her just so happen to be the biggest girls in the class)

Next, we enjoyed a Christmas concert by the 6th grade band students. There are 32 percussionists in the 6th grade and it is quite challenging for the music teacher to keep each and every one playing a percussion instrument. As you know, there are many different percussion instruments - bells, snare drum, bass drum, cymbals, tambourine, etc. and during this concert, Carley got to play bells and the bass drum. As you can see from the video clip below, Carley is on the bass drum way in the back to the right. If you listen closely, you can hear the deep boom, boom, boom boom and you can see her waving the drum mallet. Unfortunately, I could not zoom in on my camera.

(scroll down to pause music player before watching video)






Carley after the concert in the music room.


I am so proud of both of my girls. They are doing so well in school and they really strive to do their best. I hope they keep it up!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love your daughter's cute and festive shirts! Don't you just love Christmas concerts? At my kids school the kindergartners always do a nativity "play" through song. It is one of my favorite parts of the concert, even though none of my kids are in kindergarten anymore.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of the girls, hopefully they will keep an interest in music. Thanks for the update, its almost like we are there - kinda!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails