Friday, March 20, 2009

Time For Spring Cleaning...

Well, it's officially the first day of Spring here in the U.S. Happy Spring to everyone! There is something refreshing about Springtime. I get a burst of energy when I can finally open the windows and breathe in the warm, clean air and the sounds of spring flow into my home. Of course it is still a bit on the cool side today, but signs of Spring are definitely here!

This is the time of year when I feel the urge to clean out and re-organize. I was always taught that Spring Cleaning included wiping down your walls and woodwork, washing the windows, cleaning behind your refrigerator and stove, etc... Does anyone still do this?? I tend to do these things throughout the year on an "as needed" basis.

This weekend (or next) I will be tackling this project:



It is our basement and it tends to be the "catch all" for junk and unloved kid's toys, as well as bags and bags of clothing that the kids have outgrown. I will be donating these items to our local Council of Churches. One day we would like to finish off our basement. Our hope is to have a Game Room with pool table, darts, etc. One side of our basement is already partially finished. It is our "Home Gym" and it houses our treadmill, elliptical trainer, stair stepper and free weights. I will be "Spring cleaning" the various cobwebs that have formed in all the nooks and crannies, including some of the gym equipment!

We recently organized and cleaned out our office. We now have a "his" and "her" office space. I just LOVE my Longaberger baskets for keeping all those papers and miscellaneous supplies in their place!



So.....what kind of Spring cleaning will you be doing?

Spring wishes,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful office!! And your basement sounds a lot like ours, except you are further along..about half catch-all and half home gym, by the sound of it. Ours is still 90% catch-all and 10% home gym. :-)

Hmmm...I also attack those nefarious nooks and crannies on an as-needed basis, and I've been known to attack windows and walls, also as-needed. I've had very good luck with that Mr. Clean Magic Eraser thingy. Happy Spring! Now if only Mother Nature would get the memo and send us some of that warm clean air!

Anonymous said...

I used to do all that spring housecleaning, But now, as needed. With it being just me an the hubs and we are pretty neat, the place just doesnt get that dirty.

Ali said...

Anybody want to come organize my house??? With 3 kids, a dog and a cat, the dust bunnies multiply - well like bunnies!!

Your office looks great!! I will be dusting off the cobwebs on my gym equipment as well, especially since bathing suit season will be soon upon us. Happy Spring!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your office! I want one!

And we don't have a basement. A basement on an island seems like a particularly bad idea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails