This Easter, take hard-boiled eggs to new heights by embellishing them with lacy patterns. We will be trying this easy, unique technique this weekend and I will be sure to post pictures of the finished decorated eggs next week. Do you have a special way that you like to dye eggs? If so, I would love to hear about it.
Tools and Materials Needed:
Standard egg dye
Rubber bands or Twistie Ties
Inexpensive lace trimmings or scraps from a worn tablecloth or curtains
Foam board fitted with flathead pins
How to lace your egg:
1. Cut lace into strips long enough to wrap around eggs and still have extra to form a sash for holding.
2. Wrap eggs, securing lace with rubber bands or twistie ties.
3. Dye eggs according to dye package instructions.
4. Lift egg out of dye, cut off rubber bands or twistie ties, and unwrap lace.
5. Let dry on foam board fitted with flathead pins (I love this idea!).
(taken from Martha Stewart)
Eggstra Specially Yours,