Thursday, June 18, 2009

Asphalt, Finally!

Can you smell it? I sure can! It's the smell of asphalt! The day has finally come and I am so excited I could pee my pants! It has been SIX years since we moved into our home, and after many hours of my hard working husband's efforts to prep and prepare our driveway for asphalt with retaining walls, sidewalks, patios, etc..., the wait is finally OVER! My girls have long awaited for this moment too. When asked if they would rather have a pool or blacktop, they both screamed in excitement, "blacktop, blacktop"! Our driveway is rather long, and flat so they will be able to ride their bikes and scooters to their heart's content. No more dust, no more mud, no more weeds! It truly changes the appearance of our property and it is what we envisioned when we first began our dream home in PA. Here are some before and after pictures:

My husband has put alot of sweat equity into our home and property. We are still growing grass. Luckily, it has been a rainy Spring and the grass has taken off. You can hear it growing! One area at a time has to be raked, graded, filled with top soil and sprinkled with seed and straw. It certainly is alot of hard work. When you own a home, the projects are never ending. But, that is part of the joy and reward. We are truly blessed.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I have only lived in one house without blacktop, and that was when I was a kid (the drive was covered with pea gravel). It looks like it will be a lot of fun for scootering and bike riding (not to mention snow shoveling!). Yay for you!

Jan n Jer said...

I am just as excited, can't wait to see it and have the joy of riding on it without my tires getting full of mud...yay!!! Ahhhh life is good for you all. Thank you Lord. Your house looks finished now!

margaret said...

YAY!!! Hooray Hooray! I lived in a house with a blacktop driveway as a kid. The bicycling and roller-skating possibilities were endless. I am so happy for you guys!

Heehee, I was just grousing over at Tracey's about the rain. I see that it was a blessing for you so - hooray! Enjoy!

quilly said...

Wonderful news! Have you any idea how much easier it will be to keep your house clean now? A bit of pavement makes an amazing difference.

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

Congrats! Looks absolutely beautiful. When can we come visit for the day and see it in person? xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails