Monday, October 25, 2010

Fun Monday - Disguises

Halloween is a fun tradition as it allows one to "dress up" or disguise oneself as someone or something they are not. The tradition of dressing up goes back many many years. It was once believed that every year on October 31, evil spirits of the dead came back to earth. People were afraid of what the spirits may do to them so they began to disguise themselves by wearing old rags and smearing ashes on their faces. They would roam the streets in hopes of fooling the evil spirits into believing they were not living beings.

In the spirit of Halloween, our Fun Monday hostess, Faye from Summit Musings asked us to share the following:

Let's celebrate Halloween and the pleasures of dressing up by sharing costumes. If you are going to a Halloween--or other costume--party, who would you like to be? I hear Lady Gaga is a front runner this year. Now don't hesitate to play because you're not partying this year. If you were going to dress up, who or what would you be? Or, if you want to share photos of your resident small goblins, that's great too!

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I love to dress up. In fact, I have quite a collection of costumes. I like to purchase them after Halloween when they are 80% and 90% off. Last year, I purchased several costumes for four bucks. You simply cannot fashion a home made costume for 4 bucks. 

Last evening, our church hosted a Halloween skating party at the local roller rink.  I am proud to announce that I won the "most funny" costume category. (Even though I would have preferred to have won "most prettiest") I am excited to have won a complimentary frosty from Wendy's Restaurant!!

I could certainly ward off the evil spirits in this Flower Child disguise.....

And in honor of our favorite winning NFL team, Nature Girl and her friend dressed up as "Raven's Fans":


You too can play Fun Monday, just click here to sign-up and/or to view the complete list of participating blogs.

9 comments:

Tracy said...

You are one hip chic...and you do pretty well on roller skates, too!

Janis said...

LOL..LOVE IT! Looks like I missed a good time! Sooo you can keep a secret!!!

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Nice pants, Twiggy.

Together We Save said...

Love the costume!! Very cute!! Your girls are cuties too!! That is a great kids idea!

betty said...

congrats on your win! what a cute costume!! the kids as fans are adorable too!!!

the skating rink party sounded fun too!

betty

Faye said...

Peace out, girl friend! I'm jealous, you still have another costume for tomorrow night. Please post a photo.

Will Cooper be trick or treating? Willie stole a hugh chocolate bar recently that I'd bought from a school fundraiser. Saved me from myself but I was concerned that it would hurt him.

ari_1965 said...

Yes, I would have voted for you!

~sWaMpY~ said...

Molly Ringwald, Cher, and Carrot Top called. They want their clothes back.
Too cute.

Jill said...

What sWaMpY said, LOL! That is pretty good, though. If I see any wigs or princess type costumes left over I might score one for dress up for my daughter this year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails