Friday, December 10, 2010

Jingle Ball

Yo yo, was sup dogs? I'm cool. That's right, this Church Lady knows how to jam! I attended the Jingle Ball concert last night in Hershey, PA with my sister and the kids!  It was my first concert in years! My sister gave tickets to my two girls as an early Christmas present - THANKS AUNT TRACY!

Flo Rida ROCKED the house with The Club Can't Handle Me and Low. My sista and I jammed to every song this tattooed rapper rapped. I hope we didn't embarrass the kids. At one point, Flo made his way toward our seats. It was all I could do to refrain from rushing toward him along with all the screaming teeny boppers just to touch his bare naked chest dripping with sweat!

Little hottie Jesse McCartney played all his greatest hits from Beautiful Soul to today's #1 song, Shake. His back-up dancers were, let's just say, a little too revealing, especially for the young crowd that was in attendance.

Up and coming new artist, Charice took the stage (bless her heart - on crutches) with her hit song,  Pyramid. She is an amazing young Philippine artist with a beautiful voice who was discovered at the age of 13. She is now 18 and I'll bet this girl is going to go far!

Urban pop artist, Auburn from Minnesota sang her new song La La La. 

Miranda Cosgrove who is known for her role on Nickelodian's iCarly, closed the show with a few familiar tunes such as Kissin' U and About You Now. My niece, Gabby could barely keep her eyes opened to see Miranda, as she didn't take the stage until after 9 p.m. and Gabs is usually in bed at that hour. But, she was quickly rejuvenated as soon as she heard Miranda's first song.

So, as you can see, the Jingle Ball, hosted by Hannah Montana's Emily Osment,  showcased several pop stars. The concert was spectacular! It was the very first concert my two girls have ever been to and they were equally as thrilled. Nature Girl sang along to EVERY song, as did I, except I didn't know all the words by heart.

In case some of you aren't up on the music of today's young teeny boppers, check out this music video from Flo Rida. As far as rappers go, this guy isn't so bad. He's from Florida ya know. He was on the Today Show this week promoting his new album along with his charity that he holds near and dear to his heart, Big Dreams For Kids. Turn up your speakers and make sure this song is on your play list! It is definitely a great song to dance and exercise to. Now, shake that booty!




7 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like you hit the tweenage perfect concert! Glad it was so much fun!

Janis said...

HUH...what the heck are they saying!!!! OMG I sound like my Mother...thats what she used to say to me way back when! I have to admit...it does have a good beat, I can understand whey its so popular. Glad to hear everyone had a blast!!! BTW love your new blog design!!

quilly said...

Well, it definitely jingles, but it isn't Christmas! i was dancing in my chair.

betty said...

sounds like it was fun for all!! I bet your girls absolutely did have a blast!

betty

Tracy said...

Did you try to download the interviews from backstage? That was a good first concert for the girls. Hope they're ready for their next one!

Cheeseboy said...

My 9 year old has a huge crush on Amanda Crosgrove (although he won't admit it). Sounds like an awesome time! Very festive.

Hula Girl at Heart said...

What fun! I love a great show.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails