Monday, May 23, 2011

Are You There God, It's Me Church Lady?


I just love when the weather cooperates and I am able to take my daily walks. Not only do I get a breath of fresh air, but I also use that time to exercise my faith. It is during that alone time when I like to chat with the big guy upstairs. I then come back from my walks feeling invigorated and relieved of any stress.

Sometimes I think about worldly events like all the flooding and tornadoes in the U.S. I think about the economy and the leadership of our country. And I often pray out loud for the safety of our soldiers in Afghanistan, some of whom I know personally.

I think about my extended family. I realize there is pain and suffering with illness and loss. I want so bad to make things better for them, but I'm not sure where to even begin to help.

Most of the time though, I reflect on my life. How blessed I am to be healthy. How blessed I am to have 2 charming daughters, who for the most part, are happy and thriving. I am blessed to have a job and a beautiful home. And most of all, I am blessed to have a wonderful husband who continues to love me even though I have not always been the best wife to him.

It's times like these I think most about my own spirituality and my faith walk with God. I cling to the promises of our unchanging, compassionate God—who alone offers hope when and where it’s most needed.

~Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You for Your Word that tells me how to deal with the worries that crowd in upon my heart and mind today. I ask for Your help and Your guidance in each concern. Thank You that You are a faithful God and that You see beyond the fog that clouds my view right now. Thank You that You are able to do what I can’t even imagine right now. I declare my trust in You and I ask You to fill me with Your peace. Quiet my heart and mind today. Help me to see each worry that creeps in as a call to prayer. I praise You that You are my strength and my help, my God in whom I trust!

In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

     
  



6 comments:

betty said...

amen! walking and praying is a good thing I do believe! You are blessed indeed!

betty

quilly said...

Amen! I just reminded myself today that my daily garden time could be put to excellent use in prayer!

Anonymous said...

My lab cooper sheds all over the place and I still love him.

My cat is a bitch sometimes and bites me, and I still love her.

Love sometimes bites.

If life was all sunshine and lolipops we would not desire sunshine or lolipops.

Jen said...

Beautiful. I do the same thing while just sittin out in the yard, reflecting on how much God has blessed and continues to bless my life, I'm very grateful for my whole life :)

Ps. My sister was found & is ok considering her mental illness.

Thena said...

That was awesome. Thank you for reminding me all this worrying I'm doing is unnecessary. I need to put it all in His hands. Because He is more than able to take care of it.

Janis said...

Amen...love this! Let Go..Let God

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails