Saturday, June 4, 2011

CL's Yard Sale Find Of The Week

It's that time of year again. It's that time of year in Southern PA when you will see a yard sale on every corner of every street and in every development e-v-e-r-y weekend.  And if you live in these parts, you will come to know that there are hundreds of professional yard salers and hagglers out there. I am by no means a professional yard saler, but I do frequent them from time to time, and I usually always find a treasure...even if it is another man's junk. 

What a rush it is to find something for a bargain! Today at my mom's neighborhood yard sale,  I got these mini preserved juniper topiaries (see photo below) off my galfriend who purchased them from Restoration Hardware. And guess what I paid for them??  $15? Nope. $10? Nope. $1? Nope. Give up? I paid nothing. zip. zero. nada.

I worked a trade deal with her. I traded her a chair for the topiaries. It was a chair I didn't want or need anymore. Of course, I didn't need the topiaries either, but they sure look nice with my decor! I believe I got the better end of the bargain ~ shhhhh!





8 comments:

betty said...

I think you did great!! those do add quite a bit to your decor!!

here with the weather being nice, garage sales go year round it seems. I wish I knew what to look for at garage sales, I'm sure it is jewelry and other valuables that people sell on eBay. If I could figure it out, I'd quit my day job, LOL, and do this instead. But it is amazing because you can spot the professionals checking out sales really quickly and then moving on to the next one to see what they can find. I'm sure it is very competitive for those who do this for a business!

have a great Sunday enjoying your topiaries!!

betty

Faye said...

Good deal, CL! Having yard sales with a group of girl friends used to be an annual affair. What fun we had and the good feeling of getting stuff out of my house. Can you remember when Martha Stewart even got into the act with suggestions on hw to have a great "tag" sale?

Enjoy your treasures and the summer of "hunting"!

Anonymous said...

Junk for junk. It figures, women have no sense when it comes to getting rid of junk.
jlg

Jan n Jer said...

LOL at the comment above..what does he know...hahahah!
You did get a good deal. They look Great! It was a fun time yesterday!

Anonymous said...

Nice but and *ducking from the slap upside the head* one man's junk is another man's treasure. Or should I say woman. ROFLMAO!!! I'm just sayin'.....

Lois Evensen said...

Good old bartering! We may all be back to that soon. :\

It looks like you had fun making the trade, too. :))

Hugs,
Lois

Cheeseboy said...

Very nice topiaries you got. Topiaries are bushes, right?

Good Company said...

Well, that is a steal! I've never had a garage sale -- don't want people rummaging through my stuff and then not liking it. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails