Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Earning Your Keep

As most of you know, I am the mother of two beautiful, temperamental teenage daughters.  So far, there isn't much I like about the teenage years. I am however liking that they are old enough now to accomplish chores around the house. It usually takes some creative parenting to get them motivated like....you will complete your chores or you will be grounded from all upcoming activities... or... we will deduct $5 from the debt you owe us after completing your chores...or... if you want those new jeans you'd better complete your chores... or my all time personal favorite...you need to earn your keep!

And after much grumbling, they eventually get the job done. It isn't always done the right way, but the point is, they are doing and learning and...sometimes having fun while doing it!


 Nature Girl & her friend pull up what's left of the garden
 Funny Face hauls the brush away to the woods


 What's this ? ? I see smiles on their faces! 

4 comments:

Silver Strands said...

My 2 youngest are now teenagers -both girls. And some days I just count my lucky stars that we all survive! Most of the time though, I love having them this age.

betty said...

I like how Nature Girl recruited a friend to help! I like your methods to get them to do the chores too!

enjoy those teen years!

betty

Jan n Jer said...

Bribery usually works. Looks like funny face got the easy part! No dirty hands for that girl! LOL

Tracy said...

How did Carley get the job of hauling away the yard waste? Looks like they're having fun doing yard work. I don't think you have to do much persuading for them to help out in the yard.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails