Thursday, November 24, 2011

I Am Thankful



I am thankful that I do not have to cook Thanksgiving dinner this year. In fact, in all the years I've been married, I've never had to prepare a Thanksgiving meal. I am very blessed to be part of a loving family who enjoys preparing the yearly traditional meal and all the fixins. This year, we will be enjoying a homecooked Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's house. I am baking an apple pie and iced pumpkin cookies for dessert. I always look forward to this time of year and spending quality time with my family.

I hope no matter how you will be spending your day today, you will take the time to give thanks to God, and remember that at every point in time God always gives us a reason to be thankful. Have a blessed Thanksgiving Day!

I have included a Thanksgiving prayer if you wish to use this for your special gathering today.
We Give Thanks

Our Father in Heaven,

We give thanks for the pleasure

Of gathering together for this occasion.

We give thanks for this food

Prepared by loving hands.

We give thanks for life,

The freedom to enjoy it all

And all other blessings.

As we partake of this food,

We pray for health and strength

To carry on and try to live as You would have us.

This we ask in the name of Christ,

Our Heavenly Father. Amen

- Harry Jewell

3 comments:

betty said...

Amen with the prayer!

Yum on what you baked to bring to the feast! That is neat that all get together (and you don't have to do the majority of the cooking!)

Always thankful to God!

Hope you all had a great day (but I'm thinking you all did!)

betty

Janis said...

LOL...love that video...too funny! It was a wonderful fun family time. Our blessings are many and I thank God always!Thanks for baking that delicious pie n cookies! Now let me go workout (have to tack on a few extra minutes)

TINA said...

The video was too funny.. i love it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails