Monday, April 6, 2020

Corona Diaries - Improvisations

If there's one thing I've learned through the Stay at Home orders, it's that some of the things we do on a normal regular basis and take for granted, must now be improvised.  Such things as going to the salon for hair and nails, working out at the gym, attending church services, dining at a restaurant, playing golf, attending concerts, school, and even work.  All of these things we are so programmed to doing, we must now invent another way to accomplish.

For example.... hair.  I have never in my life ever cut hair, that is until my husband approached me on Saturday afternoon with clippers in hand.  "Will you?", he asked.  I immediately laughed and shrugged it off.  He persisted, so I obliged.  He has carefully studied the stylists at SportClips, so he was able to talk me through the process step by step.  In no time at all I felt like Edward Scissorhands, hair flying everywhere!  I mean, I felt so confident in my hair cutting skills (granted it took me about an hour for a full men's cut including the hot towel treatment), that I'm thinking we can save $$ by eliminating SportClips from our monthly expenses!

I can assure you that I will not be approaching my husband to cut my hair.  No way, no how.  And I made a promise to my stylist that I would not try color on my own.  So I shall wait until the Stay at Home orders have been lifted to return to my salon.  Meanwhile, I am slowly turning into a brunette.

I am improvising on the salon nails too. A huge $$$ saver!  I have found an alternative for my nails and I am most excited to share it with you here.  My galfriend, Michelle whom I greatly admire for her entrepreneur skills, introduced me to Color Street.  Just allow me to say, WOW just WOW!  There are so many fun colors and designs!  And there are choices for your piggies too!  Michelle and I discussed having a ZOOM "Cocktails and Nails" partay with my frands.
I'm super excited about it! ๐Ÿ’…

Nuclear Fuchsian by Color Street

If you are reading my blog, and would like to know more about my Cocktails and Nails Color Street, ZOOM party, feel free to message me on Facebook (click the tab on my blog).  Invites will be sent via Facebook in the next few days.  Trust me, you will love all the choices and your nails will thank you!

When life hands you COVID-19, grab a quarantini ๐Ÿธand improvise! 

Stay informed, be safe, and above all stay healthy my friends!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails