Thursday, August 30, 2007

Another Garage Update

I didn't think I would get so excited to see the concrete trucks and all those nice construction men, but I have to admit, it was a little exciting. Finally, they came to pour our floor in the garage. It was 8:30 a.m. when the excitement began. The kids were off to school and Hugh was at work. I took some snapshots, (of the pump truck, of course!), then I was off to work. I thought I would share them with you. This is mostly for the men in the family, as I know you girls will find these pictures rather boring. I guess you had to be here to feel the excitement and all that male testosterone! Argh! Argh! The concrete was pumped into the "Ivany" block wall so that it will be stronger since its' foundation is mostly below the frost line. This buildin' aint goin' nowheres (that's Glenville talk!) Thanks to Brody Atkinson (professional Bass Fisherman on the side) and his crew for a job well done! Next, we will have our framer, Kevin (who also framed our house and it's still standing!), set the trusses!! Wow, I impress myself with all this construction knowledge!

1 comment:

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

Cool stuff Kelly! I bet you can't wait for all of the construction to end! I love the quote at the top of your page and I try to do BOTH, live with integrity AND pray for forgiveness. It never hurts to be careful! Hehe! Stop by my blog and read about my friend Karen and consider sponsoring me for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails