Thursday, January 16, 2014

Chocolate Overdose

I was gonna give up chocolate, but then I thought, no, I'm not a quitter. Cooper on the other hand, never gets to eat chocolate for the obvious reason that chocolate is not good for dogs. Turns out though, chocolate, or the main ingredient found in chocolate, theobromine, is the real killer. The fact is, it is more likely for humans to die by chocolate than our furry friends. According to this website, it would take approximately 900 milligrams of theobromine to kill a Yorkshire Terrier. There are about 8 milligrams in a single Hershey Kiss. The Terrier would need to consume about 100 Hershey Kisses before keeling over - and unlikely scenario.  

I admit, I was slightly worried when Cooper swiped a bottle of Hershey's Syrup from the recycle bin and tore it to pieces. He licked every single drop of syrup that was left in the bottle, then he threw up several piles of rich brown chocolate vomit everywhere. Cooper is over 100 pounds, so the theobromine found in the small amount of chocolate syrup he consumed is the last thing that would have killed him.

Dog Shaming

For a good laugh, click here to see more dog shaming photos and be on the lookout for Cooper's picture. Photo submitted today.


Jan n Jer said...

Hahahahahahah..this made my morning! hope he is going to be ok!

Tracy said...

I wonder if he learned his lesson? I guess that was fun cleaning up that mess...YUCK!


Related Posts with Thumbnails