Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Eagle Has Landed

I know what you're thinking....(insert thought bubble), Gee, you haven't posted since November of last year!

Well...life happens. And that's all I have to say about that. Happy New Year, by the way.

Anyhow, today....I'm most excited to share something totally blog worthy. Something I am totally into in a geeky National Geographic kind of way and I felt the need to share this with all (2) of my loyal followers and Facebook fans alike.

Throw your hands up and give me a woop woop, for the eagles have landed right here in my home town and you can view their nest via the live high definition web cam any time of the day!

Did you know that 30 years ago there were only 3 known eagles nests in the entire state of Pennsylvania? Today, however, Pennsylvania boasts more than 250 nests, boosting the eagle population in the Northeast.

Thanks to the Pennsylvania Game Commission, you can now take a peek into the lives of this bald eagle family. And if you're like me, you will carry your lap top or i-pad or tablet with you every where there is wi-fi, and tune in to the live stream all day! It's just so amazing to me to watch these beautiful majestic creatures up close, including feasting on a meal! Tip: I have been able to catch them daily in their nest around dusk, between 4 and 5 p.m. Check them out here! But wait! Just so you know, the female is the larger of the pair. (she is about 25% larger than the male).

Photo Credit: PA Game Commission


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails