I wanted to cook up something a little different for dinner this week so I dug deep into my recipe archives and pulled out one of my old childhood favorites. My ma used to make this one pot meal for dinner, oh I don't know, at least ONCE A WEEK! Just teasin', ma. You know us kids loved it! I had forgotten about this dish until last week when I saw the cooking segment on the Today Show. To my surprise, they were cooking up Egg Spaghetti!
So here's how you make Egg Spaghetti my ma's way:
1 pound spaghetti noodles, cooked
4 raw eggs
8-10 slices of cooked bacon
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Fry up your bacon in the frying pan, as directed. (save bacon grease).
- Cook spaghetti noodles, as directed.
- Drain noodles, but leave them in the hot pot.
- Stir in hot bacon grease.
- Immediately crack the 4 raw eggs into the hot spaghetti noodles.
- Stir until the egg is cooked completely and mixed into the noodles.
- Break bacon into pieces and add to spaghetti mixture.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top and serve while hot.
There you have it! A one pot meal that's sure to be a hit with your whole family! I served mine with breadsticks.